[j-nsp] JUNOS S/W - tacacs+ problem

Raymond Ho raymond.wj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:08:56 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Whenever I logged into my router, I noticed my source IP address logged by tacacs was seen as the router's hostname.

I went searching thru JTAC and noticed that there's a PR similar to this issue (#51797) which was discovered for 6.2/3/4 and it's still open.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone of you happen to face the same issue as well ?

Though it doesn't affect the AAA process but the integrity of the accounting record is an eye sore.

I'm using 6.x and 8.x presently.

172.16.30.10 - tacacs+ server
10.20.0.3 - Loopback of lab001
juniper1 - UID (src IP 192.168.29.2)

JUNOS Configuration
===================
    tacplus-server {
        172.16.30.10 {
            secret "xxxx"; ## SECRET-DATA
            single-connection;
            source-address 10.20.0.3;
        }
    }
    accounting {
        events [ login interactive-commands ];
        destination {
            tacplus {
                server {
                    172.16.30.10 {
                        secret "xxxx"; ## SECRET-DATA
                        single-connection;
                        source-address 10.20.0.3;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

tacacs+ log
Mon Apr 2 17:02:26 2007 10.20.0.3 juniper1 ttyp0 lab001 stop task_id=6 service=shell process*mgd[22410]  cmd=show <cr>

--
Regards,
Raymond Ho

"Things which matter most must not be at the mercy of things which matter least..."