[j-nsp] Juniper firewall chain behavior

Jonathan Looney jonlooney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 22:15:21 EDT 2007

IIRC, it is processed like a policy chain.  So, an accept, reject or discard
in the first filter will immediately end processing of the chain.  (Also,
recall that there is an implied 'then accept;' when you modify attributes in
the then clause.  For example, 'then forwarding-class expedited-forwarding;'
would imply an action of 'accept;' and also cause processing to stop.)

-Jon