[j-nsp] Commit script paths

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Mon Apr 16 14:18:11 EDT 2007

[Doing the Happy Dance over the first commit script question]

Richard A Steenbergen writes:
>Maybe I'm missing something really obvious here, but how do you change
>your current context (dot) to the top level in commit scripts (slax
>specifically)?

The simplest way is to save the top before you descend:

    var $top = .;
    for-each (protocols/bgp/group/neighbor[peer-as != 1234]) {
        call jcs:emit-change($tag = 'transient-change', $dot = $top, ...);
    }

Or you can find the node from the top:

    for-each (protocols/bgp/group/neighbor[peer-as != 1234]) {
        var $top = /commit-script-input/configuration;
        /* ... */
    }

Thanks,
 Phil