[j-nsp] BGP Origin Issue

Borchers, Mark M. Mark.Borchers at McLeodUSA.com
Thu Apr 19 17:02:45 EDT 2007

I'll apologize for posting a red herring to the list.  Looking further I
believe that by diabolical coincidence, the origin-incomplete routes were
also carrying prepends that prevented them from showing up as active routes
anywhere.  The ones that were visible on the Internet were in some cases not
prepended and in other cases more-specifics that weren't being announced
elsewhere.  I jumped on the origin attribute too eagerly.

Mark

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, copying
or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.