[j-nsp] BGP Origin Issue

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at sscplus.nl
Fri Apr 20 05:51:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

Actually there's a situation where you could get hit by differences in
"origin" setup.
By default Cisco, when aggregates, marks origin as IGP while Juniper does
incomplete. If you have got more than 1 BGP sessions with a same peer and
they aggregate on the peering routers where 1 is Cisco and another is
juniper... guess what :)
That's why resetting of origin to IGP on your borders is a good idea.

Just my .02 cent
Jeff