[j-nsp] Juniper TACACS using Cisco ACS 3.2

Ivan c ivannetw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:11:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyway has Cisco ACS tacacs authentication
working seemlessly with JunOS?

I have the basics setup

}
tacplus-server {
      10.0.0.1 {
             secret "jahdsijfdkjfkdjakfjsdlkf"; ## SECRET-DATA
             time-out 5;
             source-address 10.0.0.2;
         }

and as long as the user name is defined in JunOS, the class but no
password it works. I am wanting to setup TACACS but without having to
define users locally.

I know there is a way with ACS to setup local user profiles from
JunOS, but I haven't managed to get it to work?

Command authorization would be good too?

thanks, any help is appreciated

thanks
Ivan