[j-nsp] Re : IPv6 Routing Headers

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Apr 24 09:32:11 EDT 2007

> Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 03:09:07 +0000 (GMT)
> From: hritter at videotron.ca
> Sender: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
>
> Kevin,
>
> Slide 20 of the presentation states that RH processing can not be
> deavtivat> ed on Juniper routers. Not sure whether that applies to
> JunOS, JunosE or bo> th.
>
> Cheers,

The issue is the RH0 header. RH2 is not a problem and is essential to
mobile services.

Yesterday FreeBSD (which is the base OS of JUNOS) put out a patch to
it's development version to disable RH0 processing. A fix which allows
processing to be enabled/disabled and filtered is expected shortly (I am
building a test version now) and Juniper should be able to include it
fairly quickly. But for now, IPv6 on Junipers is a serious problem.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)