[j-nsp] mlppp

Gabriel gabriel at teksavvy.com
Wed Aug 1 09:40:33 EDT 2007

On the same subject... I'm currently thinking about implementing dynamic
MLPPP over L2TP.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/junose61/swconfig-link/html
/mlppp-config9.html

MLPPP by itself is already working in our system, the problem is that
the ppp packets need to be fragmented and reassembled...which I haven't
enabled. My concern is that I have customers on those same tunnels that
do not make any use of MLPPP...what would happen if I would turn on the
"ppp fragmentation" command. Would it fragment everything including the
sessions that don't use MLPPP? My understanding is that if ppp
fragmentation is enabled and you don't specify the fragment size, it
will use the customer's provided MRRU...thus should not affect the
customers that don't actually use MLPPP...is that correct?

-Gabriel