[j-nsp] Image compatibility

Hyunseog Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Fri Aug 3 18:37:49 EDT 2007

The reason why Cisco 7600 series router image is so large is because it
contains all FPCGA firmware images for line card, and during the boot,
it checks hardware firmware version, and if it's not compatable with
current IOS version, it will automatically download the FPCGA firmware
to line card.
So sometimes it may take up to 15~20 min for booting because of this
activity.