[j-nsp] re333 not booting install media

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Thu Aug 9 16:54:57 EDT 2007

Jared Mauch [jared at puck.nether.net] wrote:
> 	Try checking the output of this command:
>
> root@% sysctl -A | grep machdep.bootdevs
>
> 	You may need to then do this:
>
> # sysctl -w machdep.bootdevs=pcmcia-flash,compact-flash,disk,lan

It's trying to boot off the pcmcia flash.  It even lists it in the sysctl
list and it even says that it's trying to in the BIOS.  The problem is
that the pcmcia flash never shows up under dmesg and the BIOS itself just
passes right by after it says it's booting from pcmcia.   The only thing
that makes sense to me is that the ide channel might be turned off in the
BIOS.  That's exactly how it's acting....