[j-nsp] traffic shaping

Rafał Szarecki rszarecki at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 09:31:42 EDT 2007

This is HW dependent.

If You have IQ or IQ2 PIC then You can do shaping of logical interface, and
the QoS on same logical inteface.

If You have regular PIC, Then you can only shape DiffServ queues.
If you have only best-effort traffic, you can configute you best-effort
queue  (queue 0 by defaut) to be shaped, using " transmit-rate excact"
command. You have to assure that all traffic is placed into this queue by
corect classifiers.

However if you have multiple traffic types on givel logical interface, You
can't shpe them all thigether, withou IQ/IQ2 PIC.

2007/8/13, varaillon <j.varaillon at cosmoline.com>:

> Hi,
>
> The use of policer is not a good option for us, so I was wondering if
> traffic shaping could be use on Juniper router M10i with JUNOS 7.5.
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to perform some kind of traffic
> shaping (like on cisco routers) on sub Ethernet interfaces.
>
> Any links would be welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Christophe

Rafał Szarecki JNCIE-M/T, JNCIP-E