[j-nsp] Multicast over VPLS

Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim ihsan at isp.time.net.my
Tue Dec 4 19:25:41 EST 2007

Alaerte,

At the moment there's no telling whether the bandwidth savings are that
significant compared to ingress replication method given our multicast
application (IPTV) is currently only on limited deployment.
Theoritically using the P2MP LSPs with BGP-VPLS P-Tunnel attribute, it
should not be replicating the packets (a maximum of only 1 copy of
packet will traverse through the same link).

Hope this help.

/ihsan