[j-nsp] Fwd: OSPF Sham link question

Sergio D. sdanelli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 14:38:27 EST 2007

resending to the group.

David,

It was quite a while ago, and I don't have the details of it. All I remember
is that it worked :). I however have it currently set up with an all Cisco
environment, and is working as well.  I am pretty sure that a "show ospf
neighbor" for that instance will show the pe as a neighbor with interface as
the sham-link

R2#show ip ospf sham-links
Sham Link OSPF_SL1 to address 200.200.200.200 is up
Area 0 source address 100.100.100.100
  Run as demand circuit
  DoNotAge LSA allowed. Cost of using 1 State POINT_TO_POINT,
  Timer intervals configured, Hello 10, Dead 40, Wait 40,
    Hello due in 00:00:08
    Adjacency State FULL (Hello suppressed)
    Index 2/2, retransmission queue length 0, number of retransmission 0
    First 0x0(0)/0x0(0) Next 0x0(0)/0x0(0)
    Last retransmission scan length is 0, maximum is 0
    Last retransmission scan time is 0 msec, maximum is 0 msec�

R2#show ip ospf neighbor

Neighbor ID     Pri   State           Dead Time   Address         Interface
200.200.200.200   0   FULL/  -           -        200.200.200.200 OSPF_SL1�

BTW, the CE loopbacks do show up as type-1 LSA on the remote sides :)

HTH