[j-nsp] m320

Evan Williams evangellick at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 21 21:04:56 EST 2007

absolutetly Dale,
however I am a telecom engineer, but always say please, thank you and your
welcome to all, as would any fries cook at any major fast food outlet, there
is no difference between me and the guy that serves me . I hope that I treat
him with respect and dignity because he has the time to turn up and serve
me, whilst keeping a smile on his face.

On the subject of these fast food outlets, well if they don't make a profit
the outlet shuts down. An interesting juxtaposition is that if we observed
that model in our industry, we'd all be off to welfare.

My points were purely anecdotal, that is the first I can mitgiate because I
can accept that we put an operational procedure into place that accepts that
that particular syslog message does not affect the packet shifting
capability of the device. the second worries me because it looks to me that
that vendor is not playing the standards game, the third is not
understanding the archrtecture and how the device works.

Today, I stopped by at Tavistock Square in London and thought if I can be as
honest as the man of whom they have erected that memorial, I will always be
humbled and inspired by.

at this time of the year and often elsewise,  I consider why it is I work in
this industry. Today sat opposite the sid memorial, I always reach the
understanding that it is not for financial gain I do this, but for if my
efforts aid better communication, then I have achieved something. For the
more we communcate the smaller the world becomes. Romantic as it apprears
(IMHO).

Complexity  is a vanity that no one needs, that is why I mentioned RFC1925.
We all have so far to go and so much to learn.

Here's an egg nog to you all , best wishes to all.

when I wake up ithe morning I kow my place, as humble as the fries cook only
doing a job I enjoy.

salam

Evan