[j-nsp] JunOS upgrade to 8.5R1.14, boot device too small ?

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 10:35:02 EST 2007

  Hi Mykola.  Check out the release notes for JunOS 8.5.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos85/rn-sw-85/release-8.5-features.html#rn-new-features

  In the section that discusses FreeBSD they make mention to the
requirement of a 256MB or larger Compact Flash card (part of your RE)
in order to install 8.5.  Sounds as though yours doesn't meet this
criteria.  The cheap way to get around this is to stick with older
code, the more expensive way is to upgrade your compact flash.  There
have been some discussions about this in the last week or 2 on the
list, so perhaps peruse the archives as well for others' experiences.

David