[j-nsp] New to Juniper (re-try)

Richmond, Jeff Jeff.Richmond at frontiercorp.com
Thu Dec 27 14:20:42 EST 2007

You want "compare". See example below:

jrichmon at br01.mcln# show system host-name
host-name br01.mcln;

[edit]
jrichmon at br01.mcln# set system host-name testrouter

[edit]
jrichmon at br01.mcln# show | compare
[edit system]
-  host-name br01.mcln;
+  host-name testrouter;

Regards,
-Jeff
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Wayne Lansdowne [waynel at appliedi.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 11:06 AM
To: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [j-nsp] New to Juniper (re-try)

Hello all,

I apologize..my first posting attempt did not come through correctly.

I'm new to the Juniper routers having previously worked with Riverstone.
Within the Riverstone CLI I had the ability to preview all the pending
(non-committed) changes via a 'scratchpad' command.  Does the Juniper
have a similar feature?  I'm unable to find anything thus far to display
a list of yet to be committed changes.  Thus far I'm simply doing a
'commit check' then 'commit' and hoping I had remembered to implement
all my changes.  I'm basically looking for a way to review all the
pending changes before making that commit.

I've done some searching and have come up empty.  Is there a CLI command
I'm missing?

Regards,

Wayne