[j-nsp] iBGP convergence time

Gniewko gniewko at man.szczecin.pl
Mon Feb 5 18:08:16 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 09:07 +0100, Gniewko wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've already posted on JuniperForum.com but there was no answer so
> trying here (sorry for duplicate).
>
> There are 2 m7i, m7i_1 has a couple of EBGP sessions used for
receiving
> full feed from the Internet. m7i_2 hovewer has only one IBGP session
> with m7i_1. Configuration of IBGP looks like this (no special things):

[...]

Hello again,

After couple tests (private vs. public ASN convergence time) conclusion
was quite simple (what does not mean obvious/clear for me):
private - fast
public - slow
The latest tests hovewer, bring the oposite deduction (private - slow,
public - fast) what makes me quite sure that the problem has nothing in
common with the ASN nature (perhaps it's good cause doesn't sound so
spooky).
Anyway, there is something wrong with the mentioned iBGP session.

--
Regards,
G.