[j-nsp] Fwd: L2VPN config sample!

FAHAD ALI KHAN fahad.alikhan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 00:40:54 EST 2007

Yes Jacob is right...TCC encapsulation is used when you have interworking
scenario like any to any (but dis-like).

I have another issue in L2VPN kompella, while reading documentation from
Juniper Website, i find there are options like multihoming and
active-Interface but this is not present in actual. I have Juniper J4300
with JunOS 8.2 but this options are hidden...!

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos82/junos-xml-ref82-config/html/summary-s226.html

<configuration>
    <logical-routers>
        <routing-instances>
            <instance>
                 <protocols>
                    <l2vpn>
                        *<site>
*                            <name>*name* </name> <!-- identifier -->

<site-identifier>*site-identifier*</site-identifier>
<!-- mandatory -->
                             <multi-homing/>
                            <site-preference>*site-preference-choice*
</site-preference>
                            <active-interface> *...*</active-interface>
                            <interface>*...*</interface>
                        * </site>
*                    </l2vpn>
                </protocols>
            </instance>
        </routing-instances>
    </logical-routers>
</configuration>

I want to implement a scenario where CE1 is connected to PE1 via two
lastmiles (1st primary and another Secondary). CE2 is connected to PE2 via
only single lastmile. If i have to provide CE1 with backup facility (as
protected-interface in Martini), I have only site-preference parameter,
which not provide enough control. It provide backup facility in a scenario
when both L2VPN instances have atleast two two interfaces (one primary
and another secondary) and then create SiteA on Interface 1 with preference
High and create SiteB on Interface2 with preference Low.

If any one have gone through these type of implementations than please share
there solutions and comments.

Regards

Fahad Ali Khan