[j-nsp] Problem with PB-4GE-SX

Jared Gull jmgull at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 17:40:23 EST 2007

Oliver,

Just to clarify, you're seeing speeds > 500Mbps in the
evenings on a single GE interface from this PIC (i.e.
850-900Mbps on a single GE port) and you're seeing
~450Mbps per port when running a download test between
2 servers?

If this is the case, it may just be caused by the test
you're running. If your test consists of a tcp
session, you'll need to take other things into
consideration (i.e. application turns and windowing).
Also, keep in mind that the outputs showing the
current rate do NOT take layer 2 overhead into
account.

The 'show interface extensive' output looks clean
(other than the fact that you're seeing unsupported
protocol traffic from time to time (policed discards)
and probably some unexpected multicast traffic (DA
rejects)).

-Regards,

Jared