[j-nsp] Hierarchical-VPLS (H-VPLS) on Juniper Boxes

Sean Clarke sean at clarke-3.demon.nl
Tue Feb 20 02:45:42 EST 2007

Hi Jacob,

  H-VPLS is on the roadmap .. can't say exactly when but should be
  this year ... contact your Juniper sales folks for more assistance

Cheers
Sean
--

Not so long ago you wrote :
BJJC> Hi All,

BJJC> I am having some trouble finding Juniper's official stance on H-VPLS, and
BJJC> its implementation.  I would think since it uses MP-BGP it cannot use the
BJJC> stokes-kompella draft as it appears to be based on ldp spoke hierarchy.

BJJC> I see on a sales-oriented page
BJJC> http://www.juniper.net/company/newsletter/jnews_article_061201a.html
BJJC> that the implementation is BGP-RR based to achieve the goal.  But there are
BJJC> no details.

BJJC> My thought was that it would use q-in-q to tunnel customer vlans up to
BJJC> nearest PE router which, if I am reading correctly, cisco appears to do. But
BJJC> I cannot be sure without proper documentation.

BJJC> Is anyone out there using h-vpls on M or T boxes that wouldn't mind sharing
BJJC> how they are doing so?

BJJC> Thanks and Regards,
BJJC> Jake Bourgeois