[j-nsp] snmpwalk request to obtain the vlan-ids

Bourgeois, Jacob (Jake)** CTR ** bourgeois at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Feb 20 23:44:42 EST 2007

Dario,

I hope someone responded to you offline, if not, here is my feeble attempt
to at least get you started in the right direction.

Iana considers 802.1q interfaces to have an iftype value equal to 135.

(these are the only logical interfaces this router has with a vlan-id
configured on them)

[edit]
lab at r1# run show snmp mib walk 1.3.6 | match 135 | match iftype
ifType.39     = 135
ifType.41     = 135
ifType.42     = 135

So the above shows you the SnmpIfIndexes that have a vlan-id associated with
them.

So below I match them to actual interfaces

[edit]
lab at r1# run show interfaces | match "(snmp ifindex)" | match "ge|fe"
  Logical interface fe-0/0/0.5 (Index 72) (SNMP ifIndex 42)
  Logical interface fe-0/0/1.20 (Index 68) (SNMP ifIndex 41)
  Logical interface fe-0/0/1.100 (Index 69) (SNMP ifIndex 39)

This is not exactly something that would work well in a production
environment, especially since you would be using a mib browser that may or
may not allow match criteria, and you will have plenty of ge-* and fe-* that
are not tagged.

Either way, I hope this serves somewhat helpful.

Thanks and regards,
Jake Bourgeois