[j-nsp] dosProtection

Bernd Goldschmidt bwg at juniper.net
Wed Feb 21 11:50:56 EST 2007

Hi Andras,

I guess you are using JUNOSe 8-0-x, or?

Suspicious Flow Control (DOS prevention phase 3) was introdced in JUNOSe 8.0 and is turned on by default.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/junose80/swconfig-system-basics/html/passwords-security-config10.html#1210684

The message shows you, that a lot of packets with TTL=1 reach your box.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/junose80/swconfig-system-logs/html/event_categories66.html#636773

With Suspicious Flow Control you are able to protect the ERX control plane (in short words).

Gruss
Bernd.