[j-nsp] Reboot Reason?

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 16:05:23 EST 2007

 Hi,

  You can do a 'show log user' and see at least if the reboot was
initiated by a user, if there's no information on messages file.

such as:

lab at router> show log user
lab      ttyp0    10.10.1.34                     Fri Jan 12 21:06 -
21:06  (00:00)
lab      ttyp0    10.10.1.22                     Fri Jan 12 20:06 -
20:06  (00:00)
reboot   ~                                         Fri Jan 12 15:30

 Also, I'd suggest to check your configuration at [edit system syslog]
to check whether the messages file is configured with very small
rotation options.

 HTH

On 1/12/07, Christian Koch <ckoch at globix.com> wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
> Thanks for the info but I didn't see any reason in the logs, maybe they
> just got wiped, I was hopinh there was actually another way
>
> Thanks!

Erdem