[j-nsp] IPv6 over IPIP tunnel

Benny Sumitro b3nz_02 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 04:06:35 EST 2007

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with IPv6 over IPIP tunnel between Cisco and Juniper? I have a IPv4 VPN network that runs IPv6 over IPv4 like the topology below:

CE1 ----- PE1 -------MPLS ------- PE2 ------- CE2

The IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel is established between CE1 and PE2 using IP IP tunnel. From PE2 to CE2 we use native IPv6. Packets from CE1 never reach CE2 but from CE1 we can ping to PE2 interface that is facing CE2 and vice versa.

If I sniff the ICMPv6 packet from CE2, it shows that CE2 is already received the packet and replied them. When I checked at interface tunnel on PE2 using firewall filter, the packets is already transmitted to the tunnel interface but never arrived at CE1.

Is this topology is applicable?

Any info is highly appreciated,

Thanks,
Benny