[j-nsp] L2circuit martini issue....!

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 03:52:54 EST 2007

Fahad,
Please see inline.

>>The reason is...If client lastmile goesdown....

Then the client itself surely should detect this and fail over to backup
link.  Using FREEK/BFD/IP SLA, the Remote CE should also detect that primary
path failed and do the same. Not sure how the protect-interface would
behave - did You see protect-interface being activated in this scenario?  If
protect-interface is not activated then would You consider active-active
setup where backup link is also active but does not carry payload traffic
unitl primary fails?

Regarding VLAN-CCC : the only scenario I could see where BFD/IP SLA is of no
use is with non-IP traffic flow across L2circuit link. BUT - you can use
Cisco RPVST+ or MST to achieve the failover.

>>I hope this will clear the problem......!

It certainly does.
Rgds
Alex