[j-nsp] Some issues with Junoscope

Roy Lee roy at juniper.net
Mon Jan 29 13:52:56 EST 2007

Hi Salman,

Thanks for you inquiry.

1) BGP is probably not configured in the router. Try typing the JUNOS
CLI command 'show bgp summary' and confirm if BGP is indeed configured.

2) Currently, JUNOScope does not generate alarms. If this is an
important feature for your deployment, please unicast your request to me
or discuss with your account team.

3) It is typical, but not mandatory, to configure fxp0 for out-of-band
management communication between JUNOScope and the routers. In other
words, you can use in-band communication for management traffic, e.g.
for J-series service routers, you can use any of the built-in Ethernet
ports as a management interface.

Hope this answered your question.

Regards,
Roy