[j-nsp] Problem exporting BGP routes.

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Sun Jul 1 00:41:55 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm having an issue exporting routes to iBGP peers.  I am able to import
routes from my iBGP peers fine, but not export.

I have tried several variations on policy statements which effect
exactly what is being exported, but without the intended result
(exporting a full table).  Below I have included one that is now being
used.  The result is the exporting of directly connected interface routes.

-- Start --

policy-statement iBGP-ADVERTISE-FULL-ROUTING-TABLE {
     term 1 {
         from protocol ospf;
         then reject;
     }
     term 2 {
         then accept;
     }
}

-- End --

I am filtering routes learned from OSPF to simplify the trouble shooting
process.  If I remove term 1, the OSPF routes are re-advertised to my
iBGP peers.  I have tried adding:

-- Start --

[...]
       term 1.5 {