[j-nsp] Policies for VPLS traffic

Monika M monika.vpls at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 01:02:37 EDT 2007

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos83/swconfig83-policy/id-10522406.html#id-10522406
Above section explains about configuring the Load-Balance Per-Packet Action.
It talks about installing ECMP routes in the forwarding table.  It is all
perfectly fine. It also indicates that "You can configure per-packet load
balancing to optimize VPLS traffic flows across multiple paths.".
How do we get multipaths in a VPLS cloud? We establish pseudo wire to
different edge routers and L2 flood/forward the traffic based on the FDB
table.
Even for redundancy if we multi-home, only one PE is chosen based on the BGP
selection algorithm. If we allow the traffic to flow in both the nodes,
won't that be against split horizon rule?

Regards,
Monika