[j-nsp] Route target configuration for L2VPN route instance

Rafał Szarecki rszarecki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:51:07 EDT 2007

Monika,

With vrf-target You and-up with only one RT for ingrass and egress. Stephane
has right.

But You can try with vrf-import/vrf-export instead. You will need to write
regular policy-statement and communities under policy-option, and reference
them in vrf-import/export. This way You should be able add multiple RT, SOO,
regular community, as well as Loc Preference, MED etc.

2007/7/9, Stéphane Grosjean <Stephane.Grosjean at telindus.fr>:

> Hi Monica,
>

> I believe the more specific configuration always wins, so the import in
> your case is always target:100:5.
>

> Rdgs,
>

> Stephane.
>
> ---------------------
> >But juniper allows configuring more than one route targets (See the
> >example below). But with the below configuration, if a L2VPN NLRI with
> >route target 100:3 is received, it does not associate the received NLRI to
> >the VPLS instance. Is it a bug in Juniper? In which scenario, we will need
> >more than one route target ?
> >
> >instance-type vpls;
> >interface fe-0/3/1.0;
> >route-distinguisher 100:3;
> >vrf-target {
> >    target:100:3; --> Both import and export
> >    import target:100:5;
> >}
> >protocols {
> >    vpls {