[j-nsp] JNCIP - LAB interface query with olives

ian.kruger ian.kruger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:50:05 EDT 2007

Hi All

I have created my lab and am experiencing something quite strange ,on some
of the Olives I am only able to create a logical unit 0 , any other unit
just doesn't appear to go "live" , the config is applied successfully but  I
cant see the units if I execute a "show interface terse" ( or use them )

Working config :

fxp3 {

    description "Link to R4";

    unit 0 {

        family inet {

            address 10.0.2.5/30;

        }

    }

Lab at r3# run show interfaces terse

Interface               Admin Link Proto Local                 Remote

dsc                     up    up

fxp0                    down  up

fxp0.0                  up    down inet  10.0.2.14/30

fxp1                    up    down

fxp2                    up    up

fxp2.0                  up    up   inet  10.0.2.2/30

fxp3                    up    up

fxp3.0                  up    up   inet  10.0.2.5/30

fxp4                    up    up

fxp4.0                  up    up   inet  10.0.4.1/30

NON-Working:

fxp3 {

    description "Link to R4";

    unit 100 {

        family inet {

            address 10.0.2.5/30;

        }

    }

Lab at r3# run show interfaces terse

Interface               Admin Link Proto Local                 Remote

dsc                     up    up

fxp0                    down  up

fxp0.0                  up    down inet  10.0.2.14/30

fxp1                    up    down

fxp2                    up    up

fxp2.0                  up    up   inet  10.0.2.2/30

fxp3                    up    up

fxp4                    up    up

fxp4.0                  up    up   inet  10.0.4.1/30

FYI - I am using JUNOS [7.2R1.7]

My next test will probably be to upgrade to a newer version of Junos , but
was wondering if anyone had seen anything similar

Kind Regards

IanK