[j-nsp] Forwarding Table Entries represented with ">"

Jonathan Looney jonlooney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:59:24 EDT 2007

Barry,

This is standard behavior.  Enabling multipath only causes the router to
install multiple next-hops to a destination in the routing table.  As the
documentation indicates, the router will choose a single next hop to install
in the forwarding table and it marks this next hop with a carat (>).

If you use a forwarding table policy to cause the router to install multiple
next hops (as your output below indicates you have done), the router will do
so, but it will still indicate with a carat the single next-hop it would use
absent the forwarding table policy modification.

-Jon