[j-nsp] Juniper Commit/Op Scripts and Archive

Thomas Mangin thomas.mangin at exa-networks.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 18:32:31 EDT 2007

Hi.

Richard, I have been using your scripts for a few weeks and can only
thanks you for the work you done, the max-prefix auto-tuning is really nice.

Regarding GTSM, low end Juniper do not have hardware accelerated ACL for
the loopback interface which mean that the firewall statement must
really be applied to all the interface of the router to not risk a DOS.
As it is now possible to chain firewall statement on the interface this
is not really a problem.
However I was wondering when is Juniper decreasing the TTL. To know if I
can limit the value to 255 or should allow 254 as well.

Regards.

Thomas