[j-nsp] JunOS 6.3 not logging BGP state transitions

Jared Gillis jared at sonic.net
Wed Jun 13 13:22:07 EDT 2007

I agree, the config looks proper, but I don't get the expected log messages
anywhere. I've caused BGP hits on the router with this config and never see any
log messages in any of the message files or on our syslog server.

% zcat /var/log/messages*.gz | grep -i bgp
%
% grep -i bgp /var/log/daemon
Sep  9 10:34:36  host.name mgd[4421]: UI_COMMIT_EMPTY_CONTAINER: Skipped empty
object 'bgp'
%