[j-nsp] CFEB issue

Bourgeois, Jacob (Jake)** CTR ** bourgeois at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Jun 14 09:47:48 EDT 2007

The Packet Forwarding Engine throttled next-hop resolution requests from
the indicated interface, because the high number of requests might
constitute an attempted denial-of-service (DoS) attack. Examples of
events that generate next-hop resolution requests include an attempt to
forward a packet without an Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) entry and
receiving a multicast data packet with no matching route. Normally, the
Packet Forwarding Engine forwards the requests to the Routing Engine.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos76/syslog-messages76
/html/pfe12.html

Thanks and Regards,
Jake Bourgeois