[j-nsp] What do for a terminal server?

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Mon Jun 25 08:54:38 EDT 2007

For all my Juniper lab stuff (and Cisco lab stuff), I just use a variety of
Cisco equipment that can be found on the used market pretty cheap.

Either a 2509/2511 for built in ports (end of sale I think, so used
equipment), or a 2600 or higher with an NM-16A or NM-32A module.

You'll be able to access all your equipment just fine and it's really simple
to find help/docs on configuration.

There are other vendors as well, someone mentioned MRV (the old Xyplex line
of terminal servers) which work very well.  I have a couple old 1640's (40
port models) but they're a whole different beast to configure, so it all
depends on where your experience level is.

HTH,

Scott