[j-nsp] Juniper firewall filters/stateful firewalls best practice

Shawn Hargan shawnh at frii.com
Mon Jun 25 11:48:00 EDT 2007

Security-wise, I certainly understand the benefit of layering the
stateless filters and the stateful firewall. My concern probably comes
from working with underpowered, archaic Cisco routers where too many
ACLs or concurrent processes brings the router to its knees during a
traffic spike. I know this isn't much of a worry with the firewall
filters, but I've not found any data on the throughput of the AS2 PIC or
ASP.

Now that I actually write that, I feel like an ass. The answer's rather
obvious, isn't it? I'll be configuring my firewalls if anybody needs me...
-SH

--
Shawn Hargan--Network Operations Center
FRII