[j-nsp] Usage of Route distinguisher in VPLS

Kaliraj kalirajv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:21:30 EDT 2007

Suppose multiple sites end up using the same Site-id (VE-id) but
participate in different VPLSs(differnent RTs) then RD will help
distinguishing the layer-2 bgp-nlri for the layer2-routes for these
sites. Isn't it?

Else (if RD is same or non-existent), advertisement for one site will
mask the other's - assuming site-id, block-offset etc are same.

Kaliraj