[j-nsp] juniper-nsp Digest, Vol 55, Issue 33

Jonathan Brashear jbrashear at hq.speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 27 15:20:07 EDT 2007

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here(it wouldn't be the first
time), but telnet is a tcp application and thus has to communicate in
both directions regardless of the port involved.  If you're blocking tcp
on any non-telnet port(including port 80), I would imagine it's being
discarded on the way back in.

Network Engineer, Managed Services
http://www.speakeasy.net