[j-nsp] Cisco / Juniper RSVP-TE

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Mon Mar 12 15:35:47 EST 2007

> I need help about RSVP-TE implementation between Cisco Router 7600 and Juniper M20.
>
> When the tunnel MPLS-TE is established between these routers and exist more than one hop the delay increases.
>
> Somebody know about some case with MPLS-TE between Cisco and Juniper router?

Can't help you with the 7600 specifically - but we've certainly had quite
a few TE tunnels between Juniper M routers and Cisco 7200 routers. Fairly
minimal example:

protocols {
    mpls {
        label-switched-path CR3.BO-CR2.HT {
            to 193.75.0.20;
        }
    }
}

interface Tunnel3
 description CR2.HT-CR3.BO
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 tunnel destination 193.75.0.13
 tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng priority 7 7
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 1 dynamic

MPLS TE interoperability between Juniper and Cisco worked reasonably well
for us.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no