[j-nsp] M-series question - number of supportable VPNs

Angel Bardarov angel.bardarov at btc-net.bg
Wed Mar 14 10:09:29 EST 2007

Hi all,
In this document
<http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos81/swconfig81-network-interfaces/html/interfaces-frame-relay-config5.html#1019744>
I found following statement :
> If you enable Frame Relay control bit translation, the number of
> supportable Layer 2 virtual private networks (VPNs) and Layer 2
> circuits is reduced to one eighth of what the routing platform can
> support without Frame Relay control bit translation enabled.
The case is that I have M320 devices with 10x CHE1 IQ PICs that will be
used for Frame Relay migration. And transport of DE, FECN and BECN bits
from one PE to other PE is needed. But according to Juniper docs this
will limit the number of supported L2 VPNs and L2circuits.....Does
anybody knows about such restrictions?

//Best regards,
Angel Bardarov
/