[j-nsp] MLPPP link drop brings bundle down

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Tue Mar 20 14:39:25 EST 2007

With a cisco 1600/2600 router, mlppp config and two T1 WICs I can drop
either T1 and the mlppp link still works--if the other side is also a
Cisco.

With the same cisco 1600/2600 and mlppp config, if the other side is a
juniper with P-ML, the mlppp link completely dies if either T1 is unplugged,
EVEN if the juniper only has one T1 configured as part of the mlppp
bundle!!!

Any BTDT with some quick pointers for this issue??

I'd like for the juniper mlppp to work even with only one T1 operational.