[j-nsp] Some questions about redundancy config in M20

Joerg Staedele / Trusted Network GmbH js at tnib.de
Fri Mar 30 03:59:08 EST 2007

Dear colleagues,

i just configured both RE's as master, so that they can decide which one
is master and backup. I'm not sure if this can cause any problems, so
that's why i'm asking here.

If a failure occures and the backup RE takes over, it will become master.

So WHY would i switch back (when the original master comes back) to it
when everything is running fine?

Both RE's a 333-768 so there is no difference in performance etc.

Is there ANY reason to configure one RE as primary master and the other
as backup?

Also with the SSB: I don't care if SSB0 or SSB1 is doing the work unless
one of them is doing it ;)

So why the hell i would configure one as preffered one?

Thanks :)

Regards,

 Joerg