[j-nsp] Creating an M7i boot PCMCIA card

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 12:09:02 EST 2007

In the ongoing saga that is M7is and their harddrives, we've lost
another battle in the war.

I now have a working M7i, a broken M7i with a new harddrive and a 256M
PCMCIA flash card.

I'm trying to figure out how I create a bootable flash so that I can
boot up the broken router, and how I then reinstall JunOS onto the new
drive.

Does anyone have any hints/instructions on how exactly to do this? My
guess is it'll be something like the follow but I need details :)
a) Use working router to create bootable flash
b) Boot broken router from flash
c) Transfer JunOS from flash onto new HDD
d) Reboot broken router from HDD

Thanks in advance,
Ras