[j-nsp] Creating an M7i boot PCMCIA card

Lucio Fraile (CL/CEC) lucio.fraile at ericsson.com
Fri Mar 30 17:01:21 EST 2007

From, Junos Cookbook,

Create a PCMCIA boot flash card that contains the JUNOS install media.
First, copy the install media from the JUNOS software download page on
the Juniper Networks support site (http://www.juniper.net/support).

On M-series and T-series routers, copy this file to the router's
/var/tmp directory. Then, insert a PC card into the router's drive and
copy the install media to the PC card:

	aviva at router1> start shell
	aviva at router1% cd /var/tmp
	aviva at router1% su
	root at router1%
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rad3 count=20
	root at router1% dd if=install-media-7.4R1.7-domestic of=/dev/rad3
bs=64k

Regards

Lucio