[j-nsp] Creating an M7i boot PCMCIA card

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Sat Mar 31 12:59:52 EST 2007

Ras,

no, install-media is a seperate file which can be downloaded/obtained
from juniper. Its a dump of what is on the pcmcia card you get when you
buy a box and thus can be rewritten on the pcmciacard to e.g. update it.

> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rad3 count=20
> Can anyone explain the sense of that?

Doesnt really make sense, but i guess its used to somewhat clear the
bootsector? Shouldnt be neccessary since its beeing rewritten anyway by
the command afterwards which writes the dump to the card incl.
bootsector.

Regards,
Jonas