[j-nsp] Problem with boot after JunOS upgrade (7.5 -> 8.1R3.3)

michael.firth at bt.com michael.firth at bt.com
Thu May 10 15:40:44 EDT 2007

> If so, I do not have any idea how I can get 'JUNOS install
> media'. What is it?

The JunOS install media file is one of the other options available when downloading JunOS software. Having just looked, they seem to have re-arranged things to make it easier to find. At the top of the third section of the download list (Install Media) is an item "M-series and T-series Install Media <https://download.juniper.net/software/junos/8.2R2.4/install-media-8.2R2.4-domestic> ". This is what you need to create a PCMCIA boot card.

> What types of PCMCIA card supproted on M7i, how I must format this PCMCIA
> card, e.t.c.

I think the general recommendation is a SanDsk 128MB card, but I expect larger cards would also work. If you have a new card then the process you quoted will put all the necessary formatting on there - it uses the 'dd' command to replace the whole card contents including the partition table etc.

Hope this helps

Michael