[j-nsp] Radius Interim-Update load

Gabriel gabriel at teksavvy.com
Tue May 15 07:54:58 EDT 2007

> This factor is really dependent on the configuration of your
> accounting server, both software implementation and hardware.
> Can you provide some details on your HW/SW configuration?

This is what is in the ERX (it probably doesn't matter for this though)

0    online SRP310-10G enabled  ---  erx310_7-2-1p0-1.rel
118d04h:24m:00s
1    online GE-2       enabled  ---  erx310_7-2-1p0-1.rel
118d04h:23m:32s
2    online GE-HDE-2   enabled  ---  erx310_7-2-1p0-1.rel
110d08h:12m:51s

I am using Freeradius installed on a

model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2800.307

The accounting logs are first logged into a text file, then relayed
through a script to a MS-SQL database. We are thinking one installed 2
or even 3 of those servers that will load balance everything. The MS-SQL
server itself is a dual-xeon 3.0ghz.

-Gabriel