[j-nsp] Juniper Certification Study Guides

EVAN WILLIAMS evangellick at btinternet.com
Tue May 15 11:58:23 EDT 2007

think you'll find that these books are pretty generic, and give enough explanation of how Juniper differs from certain 'Blue' routers. I Found the junos cookbook quite a valuable resource.
Agree there is nothing like 'hands-on to get to grip with the finer aspects of Juniper configuration , with its wonderful configuration features like roll back and load merge.

Forgive my waxing lyrical, but 3 months back with the 'Blue' routers and their limitations make you appreciate just how well engineered the Juniper are.

Mark Tinka <mtinka at africaonline.co.zw> wrote: On Tuesday 15 May 2007 16:19, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:

> I believe the four Sybex books are all that is available.
> Yes, they are somewhat dated but not extremely so. I got my
> JNCIA and JNCIS with the help of the first two books. It
> helps to have real routers in a lab to practice on, of
> course - and even better in a live network.

Agree. I have some boxes to play with so figured this could be
the quickest way to getting my hands dirty - I'm not really
keen on doing the exam until I've run them for at least a
year.

> Note that the Sybex books are available directly from the
> Juniper web site in PDF format:

> http://www.juniper.net/training/certification/books.html

I've downloaded these. Some of the folks that got back to me
privately (thanks to them) suggest JunOS roll out happens way
to frequently to keep the exam code updated, so these study
guides could be quite handy.

Seems like a reasonable start. Thanks!

Mark.