[j-nsp] Juniper M-series vs 72xx/NPE-G2

Pierantozzi Craig craigp at tozz.net
Tue May 22 11:26:43 EDT 2007

[snip]
> - Does anyone have advise regarding Juniper's recertification
> process on used
> gear?  We would need at least basic support/JUNOS upgrades on
> whatever we buy

There is a short re-certification process that includes a remote EOL/
EOS report based on information you provide to Juniper and then an
onsite inspection to check the current condition and to check for
existing damage to the gear. Once that certification process is
complete, the gear can go under maintenance contract. You would work
with a Juniper account rep to set up that inspection appointment.

regards
-Craig