[j-nsp] Juniper M-series vs 72xx/NPE-G2

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Tue May 22 12:17:04 EDT 2007

> The M20 is not EOL :-)

Of course.  There are parts on an M20 which are EOL, however, such as the FPC, FPC-E, RE-333-768.  This may not matter since the OP really only wants software support.  Your best bet is to discuss with a Juniper rep or hope one of the many Juniper list members will respond with their true policy.  You *will* have to pay the cost for JUNOS, no matter what, which is a pretty hefty cost.  Weighed against all new gear, though, it's probably worth it.

-evt